Scarica l’app LiveinRiviera.IT!

App Store Google Play
Piazza Tre Martiri
Ancient roman flooring, Julius Caesar's statue, the Clock Tower, Julius Caesar's column, tributing plate to the Three Martyrs, Saint Antony's temple

Ancient Roman forum, where Julius Caesar stopped after crossing the Rubicon (as a statue and a memorial cippus testify it),  it had been a market-place for centuries; later on, it was called Piazza Tre Martiri in memory of three young partisans executed here on 16th August 1944. A marble insert indicates the spot.

It has been recently upgraded through very accurate works of paving.
All the square is lit with 14 stemmed bodies as in the early century.

It is still today the town centre with shops, offices, coffee bars and pastry shops.
Along the way it is possible to see part of the rests of the ancient roman pavement in enclosed openings.

On the east side is the Torre dell'Orologio dating from 1547, reconstructed by Buonamici and restored in 1933. The clock face has a solar-lunar calendar dating from 1750.
Beneath the clock tower a War Memorial.

Getting there: City centre by car: Motorway A14 "Rimini Sud" Exit; straight ahead direction "Rimini centro" for about 3 kms. Useful parking areas: 1) p.zza Malatesta 2) Rocca Malatestiana 3) Ponte di Tiberio 4) largo Gramsci. By train: from the railway station straight ahead to the square. By air: bus n.9 - bus stop Arco d' Augusto or Railway Station

Tourist area: adriatic coast



Piazza Tre Martiri - Rimini