Scarica l’app LiveinRiviera.IT!

App Store Google Play
Palazzo Valloni - Cinema Fulgor

The Cinema attended by Fellini and future House of Cinema

The Cinema attended by Fellini and future House of Cinema

The building is located in Corso d'Augusto 162 and it was owned by the noble brothers Demofonte and Aurelio Valloni. After the earthquake, in 1787, the facade was rebuilt on design by the architect Giuseppe Valadier.
During the years the building has undergone heavy alterations. In 1920 it was open as Cinema Fulgor, owing a restoration realized by Addo Cupi.

The Cinema Fulgor is a place that had always fascinated Federico Fellini, who as a boy attended it many times. Fulgor is evoked in his film “Amarcord” and “Rome”. The cinema closed to the public some years ago, but it is expected to become the new “Casa Fellini” or “Casa del Cinema”, with the Fellini Museum which will also host the Rimini Cineteca (Film Archive) and a space for film screenings.

At the beginning of the restoration, the facade of Palazzo Valloni was covered with images taken from films by Federico Fellini: long strips of film works by the great master of Rimini, designed by Dante Ferretti.

The work continued and in December 2011 the facade changed covering. Three panels dedicated to Federico Fellini were set up with the reproductions of works realized by the spray art writer from Rimini, Eron, wellknown internationally in the world of the spray art.

In April 2013, on the occasion of the exhibition by Paolo Ventura at the FAR gallery in Rimini, it will be the artistic visions of this artist to decorate the facades of the cinema Fulgor. The giant panels recall the scenes of the first 900, with an eye on circus and street artists which intercept the spirit of the poetic world by Federico Fellini.

At present, work is continuing and the end of restoration is expected to be finished within May 2015.



Corso d'Augusto, 162
47921  Rimini